A Guide on MBA in Marketing: Course Details, Eligibility & Admission
Marketing is a crucial function of any business. Pursuing an MBA in Marketing is an excellent way to develop the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in this dynamic field.
With the rapid growth of the business world, companies are constantly seeking skilled marketing professionals who can help them stay ahead of the competition.
An MBA in Marketing equips students with diverse skills and knowledge, including strategic thinking, consumer behaviour analysis, market research, and product management.
These skills are essential for marketing professionals who want to succeed in today’s highly competitive business world.
In this blog post, we will explore the scope of an MBA in Marketing and the various career opportunities available to graduates in this field.
Click here: Get certified with E&ICT Academy IIT Guwahati to build a career in Strategic Marketing
This blog will discuss the course details, eligibility criteria, and admission process for an MBA in Marketing.
An Overview of MBA in Marketing
An MBA in Marketing is a two-year post-graduate program that focuses on building a solid foundation in the core principles of marketing and management.
The program curriculum is designed to equip students with various skills, including market research, brand management, digital marketing, and consumer behaviour.
The course typically comprises four semesters, and students must complete a range of core and elective courses. Some of the core courses include
- Marketing Management
- Consumer Behavior
- Brand Management
- Sales and Distribution Management
- Marketing Research
- Digital Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Product, and Pricing Strategies
Also read A Definitive Guide on MBA in Human Resources
In addition to the core courses, students can choose from various elective courses to specialize in a specific marketing area during online MBA marketing.
Some of the popular elective courses include –
- Social Media Marketing
- Services Marketing
- Retail Management
- International Marketing
- Marketing Analytics
- Customer Relationship Management
The program also includes hands-on learning opportunities through case studies, group projects, and internships, which provide students with practical exposure to real-world marketing scenarios.
Why choose MBA in Marketing?
- An MBA in Marketing can offer numerous benefits to professionals seeking to advance their careers in marketing.
- One primary benefit is acquiring advanced business knowledge and skills, which can help marketers become more effective leaders and decision-makers.
- Additionally, an MBA in Marketing can provide access to a vast network of professionals, including alumni and faculty members, who can offer valuable insights and connections in the marketing industry.
- The degree can also offer opportunities for hands-on experience through internships or consulting projects, allowing students to apply their theoretical knowledge to real-world marketing challenges.
- Finally, an MBA in Marketing can provide a competitive advantage in the job market, as it is a highly respected and sought-after credential by employers in the marketing industry.
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility criteria for an MBA in Marketing vary depending on the institute. However, most institutes have the following minimum requirements:
- A minimum of 50% marks in the Bachelor’s degree (some institutes may require a higher percentage).
- A valid national-level management entrance exams score, such as CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, or CMAT.
In addition to the above requirements, some institutes may have additional eligibility criteria for online MBA marketing, such as work experience, language proficiency, or specific academic qualifications.
Syllabus of MBA in Marketing
- The syllabus of an MBA in Marketing typically covers a broad range of marketing, sales, and advertising topics.
- It aims to provide students with an in-depth understanding of marketing theories, principles, and practices and the skills and techniques necessary for successful marketing management.
- The curriculum usually includes courses in consumer behaviour, market research, branding, product management, pricing strategies, distribution channels, advertising, and sales promotion.
Click here: Build Marketing skills with a World-Class Curriculum & Get certified with E&ICT Academy IIT Guwahati
- Additionally, students are exposed to emerging trends in marketing, such as digital marketing, social media marketing, and mobile marketing.
- The program also emphasises the importance of strategic thinking, communication skills, and leadership in marketing.
Admission Process for MBA in Marketing
The admission process for an MBA in Marketing varies from institute to institute. Most institutes follow a three-step process, which includes:
- Entrance Exam
The candidate has to appear for a national-level management entrance exam like CAT, XAT, GMAT, or MAT. The scores obtained in these exams determine the candidate’s eligibility for admission.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview
After shortlisting, they are rounds of group discussions for candidates to evaluate their personality, attitude, and aptitude for management.
- Final Selection
The final selection is based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam, group discussion, and personal interview.
Institutes may also consider the candidate’s academic performance, work experience, and extracurricular activities while making the final selection.
By completing an MBA in Marketing, students gain the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in various marketing roles, such as brand managers, marketing directors, sales managers, or advertising executives.
Want to pursue Online MBA Marketing?
An online MBA in marketing is a program designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the latest marketing strategies and techniques in the digital age.
This program is ideal for working professionals who wish to enhance their skills and knowledge in marketing without disrupting their current careers.
Also read: Promising career options in Marketing you need to know
Graduates of an online MBA in marketing can pursue careers in various fields, including product management, brand management, advertising, and marketing research.
With the growing importance of online marketing, an online MBA in marketing can provide students with a competitive edge in the job market.
An MBA in Marketing is popular among business students who want to specialize in marketing.
The course curriculum is designed to give students a comprehensive understanding of marketing strategies and techniques.
Pursuing an MBA in Marketing or online MBA marketing can open up many career opportunities in marketing and related fields.
The program equips students with the knowledge and skills to succeed in a dynamic marketing landscape.
The course includes theoretical and practical marketing aspects and gives students hands-on experience through internships, projects, and case studies.
To be eligible for online MBA marketing, a candidate must have completed a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks and have a valid national-level management entrance exam score.
The admission process typically involves filling out an application form, taking an entrance exam, attending group discussions and personal interviews, and waiting for the final admission offer.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an MBA in Marketing?
An MBA in Marketing is a postgraduate degree program that provides students with advanced knowledge and skills in marketing, sales, advertising, and branding.
The curriculum typically covers topics such as market research, consumer behaviour, product development, marketing communication, and digital marketing.
- What are the eligibility criteria for an MBA in Marketing?
To be eligible for an MBA in Marketing, you must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
Additionally, most MBA programs require candidates to have a certain level of work experience, usually ranging from 1-5 years.
- What are the job opportunities after this course?
An MBA in Marketing opens up several career opportunities in various industries, including advertising, consumer goods, retail, hospitality, and healthcare.
Graduates can work in roles such as marketing manager, brand manager, product manager, digital marketing manager, and sales manager.
- What is the duration of MBA in Marketing?
The duration of an MBA in Marketing program or online MBA marketing is typically two years, but some schools offer accelerated or part-time programs that can be completed in one year or more.
- What is the career scope of this course?
The scope of an MBA in Marketing is vast and diverse.
It enables students to pursue careers in various fields, such as brand management, market research, advertising, sales, digital marketing, and customer relationship management.
- What kind of jobs can you get with an MBA in Marketing?
Some job roles available to MBA in Marketing graduates include marketing manager, brand manager, product manager, digital marketing manager, sales manager, marketing analyst, and market research analyst.
Leave a Reply